Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What's is all about?

I enjoyed this segment from WNYC's Leonard Lopate show yesterday and one comment stuck with me. Discussing Pilobolus' long-term success, the executive director Itamar Kubovy said that the secret is to create a world on stage that people yearn to join. I think that about sums it up.

Lots of exciting stuff here right now--I went to see the Bread and Puppet show in the Lincoln Center Out of Doors Festival today. They definitely made a world on stage I longed to join, in fact I was fantasizing about going up to their barn in Vermont for a summer and working on the show, kind of a semi-grown up collective theater vision of running off to join the circus. It was fabulous, and I hope to blog about it when I have a little more time. Also stopped into the exhibit at the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts on Merce Cunningham and his collaborators. I looked at the first few things, got absorbed in a video, and vowed to come back before it closes in October so I can take the time to really enjoy it and watch some of the footage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home