Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Manhattan Gesture Mysteries

Am I the only person who follows people around who are making weird gestures wondering what the heck they are doing? Last week I found myself on the block where I am working, about 10 paces behind a woman doing the strangest thing with her left hand. It was a kind of "air piano" movement of the fingers combined with a certain amount of lift and shake of the hands. I thought, keyboard player? High-level executive engrossed in cell phone conversation? Then she switched her coffee cup to the other hand and started shaking out the right hand. Which is when I realized she was carrying a leaking coffee cup.

I promised mysteries, not mystery...the second mystery is that I can now blog from work again. A pleasant surprise, but it begs the question, how long has this been going on? Was my hiatus of the past few weeks then due to a random firewall blip? But there is no need to dwell on this for long, things are going to change in my life very soon that will make all such musings about the IT department at my day job unnecessary.

Meanwhile a great blog found while browsing last week, on a favorite subject of mine, the Happiness Project. Do check it out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But there is no need to dwell on this for long, things are going to change in my life very soon that will make all such musings about the IT department at my day job unnecessary.

This sounds promising. I hope it means what I think it means! And hope you had a lovely summer.

September 16, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger jag said...

Yes indeed it does--as of the end of this month. Thanks for stopping by!

September 19, 2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home