Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Poor Languishing Blog

I have been busy, it's true, but that's not a good enough excuse. I started this blog before I had a website thinking it would be a quick way to post photos and thoughts, which it is, but learning basic web design and keeping my site updated has taken more of my "getting the word out on the internet" time than I thought. So the quick recap, since last September I've been directing full time, working on the very exciting project La Didone for The Wooster Group. Also Monteverdi's Orfeo at Stony Brook, David Del Tredici's Dracula (reviewed in The New York Times), and Francesca Caccini's Liberazione, both in New York and Boston. Phew! Then I took my first trip to Europe in seven years with The Wooster Group, followed by a series of vacations. (!)

I plan to get back in the habit of posting, because there's lots going on. We're "doing" the Ring, for one thing, attending the first cycle of the Kirov Ring at the Lincoln Center Festival this year. It's my first Ring and I've only seen one Wagner opera live before, and I am hooked. More on that later, and yes, there are things to say about the gesture.

But here's a chip off the old block photo to keep things interesting. Adam Griesbach, my littlest nephew (littlest for now, in a few short weeks he won't be the youngest) on the dock at our family's cottage on Kashe Lake in the Muskokas. I spent a wonderful week being completely relaxed and unplugged and playing with Peter, James and Adam. Adam sings constantly. And of course he is gesturing. Much to the delight of the opera aunts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home